Ariana Grande has hugged fans and posed for photos as she made a surprise hospital visit to children recovering from the Manchester terror attack.
The singer also met the family of 29-year-old Martyn Hett, who was among 22 people killed in last month’s bombing.
Grande returned to the city on Friday morning ahead of a star-studded benefit concert – One Love Manchester – on Sunday.
But she also took time to visit the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, where some of the dozens of injured were treated.
Among those over the moon to see her was 10-year-old Jaden Farrell-Mann, who suffered fractures to both legs and shrapnel wounds.
Her father, Peter Mann, posted photos of Grande talking to his daughter and the pair sharing a hug.
He tweeted: “This means more to us than all the amazing things people have done this week. when your daughter asks after her 2nd operation: ‘Is Ariana ok?’
“So happy she came I could burst! Never seen Jaden so happy! Even cried again myself.”
Jaden, 10, also wrote on Twitter of her joy, saying: “I got to meet my queen today”.
Evie Mills, 14, also met the singer. The teenager was also there when the Queen visited the hospital a few days after the Manchester Arena suicide attack.
:: Prince William visits Manchester bombing heroes
Lily Harrison, who was also injured in the bombing, “looked on Cloud Nine” after her time with Grande, according to her father Adam Harrison.
Mr Harrison told People: “What Ariana Grande did tonight was so selfless and amazing.”
Grande also posted a black and white image of the hospital visit on Instagram, which picked up more than a million likes in an hour.
Pop stars including Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Take That and Miley Cyrus will join Grande for Sunday’s concert.
The £40 standard tickets sold out in less than 20 minutes, while those who were at the concert on the night of the bombing have been offered free tickets.
Proceeds will go to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund to support families and victims of the terror attack.
In a statement on Twitter last week, Grande said of the attack: “We won’t let this divide us. We won’t let hate win.”
Salman Abedi detonated his device as fans streamed out of the arena at the end of Grande’s gig on 22 May.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on Friday night in the Rusholme area of Manchester, bringing the total number of people held in relation to the attack to 17, of which six people have been released without charge.
:: Manchester bombing: ‘Significant’ car seized